BDÜ | MCIL CL | AITI
I have been working as a professional translator for more than 20 years.
I am an Italian native speaker and the languages I work with are English, German and French (C2 level). I graduated in Foreign Languages and then got the Diploma in Interpreting and Translation. I could use both my passion for languages and the skills made during years of study abroad. Thus I made the art of translating my main activity. The translation is exactly this, an art. A quality translation needs a balance between skills and sensitivity, between linguistic experience and sense of the sentence, of the word, of the speech. These are essential and necessary aspects to obtain a result that respects the formal value and the content of the original text.
Thanks to the skills gained during my experiences abroad, I can provide my clients with high-quality translations of different types, from the legal to the technical-scientific field. Over the years, I have acquired experience in various fields and I work with direct customers (companies, organizations, and individuals) and translation agencies.
Professionals Rolls and Certifications
I am listed on the following registers:
- Register of Translators and Interpreters (CTU) of the Court of Salerno, Italy – n° 17/2004
- Register of Translators and Interpreters at the Chamber of Commerce of Salerno, Italy – n° 972
I am a member of the following translators and interpreters associations:
- Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) – MCIL and Chartered Linguist n° 59984
- Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer (BDÜ) – German Association of Interpreters and Translators n° HE002644
- Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters (AITI) – Associate member n° 220065
My professional guidelines
- Accept only assignments that I have the knowledge, resources and time to do well
- Disclose, prior to accepting any assignment, any biases that may have relevance
- Agree, before work starts, what is to be delivered, on payment amount, timing and currency
- Treat all sensitive information as confidential
- Deliver a high professional standard work
- Always meet agreed-upon terms
Continuous professional development
My strength lies in the fact that I constantly update my main fields of translation and the CAT (Computer Aided Translation) tools I use. The use of advanced CAT tools, software for the terminological standardization of the texts, allows me to provide my clients with high-quality translations in a very timely manner, thus reducing the costs of the service.
- SDL TRADOS Translator’s Workbench certified, June 15th, 2007
- Advanced SDL Trados course, CAT-Trainer, October 24th, 2008
- Advanced Multiterm course, CAT-Trainer, November 26th, 2008
- memoQ course, June 23rd, 2012
- Course on Legal Translation (Linguistics, Methodology, Company documents, Contracts, Procedural acts), AGT – Arianna Grasso, 10-2016/02-2017
- 1-year course on Translating Legal Documents, Archomai edizioni e formazione – Luca Lovisolo, 10-2018/08-2019
- Course on legal translation Sworn Translations and Legalization, STL Formazione, 2019
- Course on legal translation Elements of English company law, STL Formazione, 2020
- Course on legal translation Elements of German company law (Germany), STL Formazione, 2020
- Course on legal translation Elements of US company law, STL Formazione, 2020