BDÜ | MCIL CL | AITI
I have been working as a professional translator for more than 20 years.
I am an Italian native speaker and I work with Italian (native language), English, German and French, languages I have mastered both orally and in writing (level C1-C2). I graduated in Foreign Languages and then got the Diploma in Interpreting and Translation, furthermore, I am a member MCIL and Chartered Linguist (CL) of the Chartered Institute of Linguists, BDÜ member (German Association of Interpreters and Translators), and an AITI associate member (Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters).
I could use both my passion for languages and the skills made during years of study abroad. Thus I made the art of translating my main activity. The translation is exactly this, an art. A quality translation needs a balance between skills and sensitivity, between linguistic experience and sense of the sentence, of the word, of the speech. These are essential and necessary aspects to obtain a result that respects the formal value and the content of the original text.
Thanks to the skills gained during my experiences abroad, I can provide my clients with high-quality translations of different types, from the legal to the technical-scientific field. Over the years, I have acquired experience in various fields and I work with direct customers (companies, organizations, and individuals), Italian and foreign translation agencies, and language schools.
Professionals Rolls and Certifications
- Register of Translators and Interpreters of the Court of Salerno, Italy – n° 17/2004
- Register of Translators and Interpreters at the Chamber of Commerce of Salerno, Italy – n° 972
I am a member MCIL and Chartered Linguist of the CIOL:
- Chartered Institute of Linguists – n° 59984
I am a BDÜ member:
- Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer – n° HE002644
I am an associate member of AITI:
My professional guidelines
- Accept only assignments that I have the knowledge, resources and time to do well
- Disclose, prior to accepting any assignment, any biases that may have relevance
- Agree, before work starts, what is to be delivered, on payment amount, timing and currency
- Treat all sensitive information as confidential
- Deliver a high professional standard work
- Always meet agreed-upon terms
Continuous professional development
My strength lies in the fact that I constantly update my main fields of translation and the CAT (Computer Aided Translation) tools I use. The use of advanced CAT tools, software for the terminological standardization of the texts, allows me to provide my clients with high-quality translations in a very timely manner, thus reducing the costs of the service.
- SDL TRADOS Translator’s Workbench certified, June 15th, 2007
- Advanced SDL Trados course, CAT-Trainer, October 24th, 2008
- Advanced Multiterm course, CAT-Trainer, November 26th, 2008
- memoQ course, June 23rd, 2012
- Course on Legal Translation (Linguistics, Methodology, Company documents, Contracts, Procedural acts), AGT – Arianna Grasso, 10-2016/02-2017
- 1-year course on Translating Legal Documents, Archomai edizioni e formazione – Luca Lovisolo, 10-2018/08-2019
- Course on legal translation Sworn Translations and Legalization, STL Formazione, 2019
- Course on legal translation Elements of English company law, STL Formazione, 2020
- Course on legal translation Elements of German company law (Germany), STL Formazione, 2020
- Course on legal translation Elements of US company law, STL Formazione, 2020