Antonia Tofalo, AITI
I have been working as a professional translator for more than 18 years.
I am an Italian native speaker and I work with English, German, French and Spanish, languages I have mastered both orally and in writing (level C1-C2). I graduated in Foreign Languages and then got the Diploma in Interpreting and Translation, furthermore, I am an AITI member (Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters).
I could use both my passion for languages and the skills made during years of study abroad. Thus I made the art of translating my main activity. The translation is exactly this, an art. A quality translation needs a balance between skills and sensitivity, between linguistic experience and sense of the sentence, of the word, of the speech. These are essential and necessary aspects to obtain a result that respects the formal value and the content of the original text.
Thanks to the skills gained during my experiences abroad, I can provide my clients with high-quality translations of different types, from the legal to the technical field. Over the years, I have acquired experience in various fields and I work with direct customers (companies, organizations, and individuals), Italian and foreign translation agencies, and language schools.
- AITI Member (Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters)
- Official Translator, Roll of Court-Appointed Experts, Court of Salerno (n°17/2004)
- Language Expert, Roll of Experts of the Salerno Chamber of Commerce (n°972)
Continuous professional development
My strength lies in the fact that I constantly update my main fields of translation and the CAT (Computer Aided Translation) tools I use. The use of advanced CAT tools, software for the terminological standardization of the texts, allows me to provide my clients with high-quality translations in a very timely manner, thus reducing the costs of the service.
- SDL TRADOS Translator’s Workbench certified, June 15th, 2007
- Advanced SDL Trados course, CAT-Trainer, October 24th, 2008
- Advanced Multiterm course, CAT-Trainer, November 26th, 2008
- memoQ course, June 23rd, 2012
- Course on Legal Translation (Linguistics, Methodology, Company documents, Contracts, Procedural acts), AGT – Arianna Grasso, 10-2016/02-2017
- 1-year course on Translating Legal Documents, Archomai edizioni e formazione – Luca Lovisolo, 10-2018/08-2019
- Course on legal translation Sworn Translations and Legalization, STL Formazione, 2019
Why is it better to choose an expert translator?
The direct collaboration with a freelance translator offers many benefits. By contacting an expert directly, you know you will always speak to the same person and can be sure to receive a tailor-made service, constant quality and uniform style. Brokerage commission due to translation agencies is also eliminated and through the freelance translator you will be in direct contact with the professional.
My professional guidelines
- Accept only assignments that I have the knowledge, resources and time to do well
- Disclose, prior to accepting any assignment, any biases that may have relevance
- Agree, before work starts, what is to be delivered, on payment amount, timing and currency
- Treat all sensitive information as confidential
- Deliver a high professional standard work
- Always meet agreed-upon terms