15+ years of experience
I am an Italian native speaker and I work with English, German and French, languages I have mastered both orally and in writing (level C1-C2). I graduated in Foreign Languages and then got the Diploma in Interpreting and Translation.
I could use both my passion for the languages and the skills made during years of study abroad. Thus I made the art of translating my main activity. Translation is exactly this, an art. A quality translation needs a balance between skills and sensitivity, between linguistic experience and sense of the sentence, of the word, of the speech. These are essential and necessary aspects to obtain a result that respects the formal value and the content of the original text.
Thanks to the skills gained during my experiences abroad, I can provide my clients with high quality translations of different types, from the legal to the technical field. Over the years, I have acquired experience in various fields and I work with direct customers (companies, organisations and individuals), Italian and foreign translation agencies and language schools.
- Professional Translator on the Roll of Experts at the Salerno’s Court (n°17/2004)
- Professional Translator on the Roll of Experts at Chamber of Commerce in Salerno (n°972)
- Certified translator in conformity with the European standard UNI EN 15038:2006
Continuous professional development and CAT tools
My strength lies in the fact that I constantly up-date my main fields of translation and the CAT (Computer Aided Translation) tools I use. The use of advanced CAT tools, software for the terminological standardization of the texts, allows me to provide my clients with high quality translations in a very timely manner, thus reducing the costs of the service.
- SDL TRADOS Translator’s Workbench certified, June 15th, 2007
- Advanced SDL Trados course, CAT-Trainer, October 24th, 2008
- Advanced Multiterm course, CAT-Trainer, November 26th, 2008
- memoQ course, June 23rd, 2012
- Course on Legal Translation (Linguistics, Methodology, Company documents, Contracts, Procedural acts), AGT – Arianna Grasso, 10-2016/02-2017
- 2-year course on “Translating Legal Documents”, Archomai edizioni e formazione – Luca Lovisolo, 10-2018/08-2020
Why is it better to choose an expert translator?
The direct collaboration with a freelance translator offers many benefits. By contacting an expert directly, you know you will always speak to the same person and can be sure to receive a tailor-made service, constant quality and uniform style. Brokerage commission due to translation agencies is also eliminated and through the freelance translator you will be in direct contact with the professional.
I am a translator UNI EN 15038:2006 certified, the European Standard defining Translator’s obligations in the performance of his service.
In particular, this Standard regulates service specifications, quality control and traceability. The Standard also provides a precise indication of the professional skills and characteristics required of the translator and the proven credentials set out in the Standard itself.
My ongoing vocational training, my higher education, my long experience and the use of CAT tools allowed me to improve more and more my performance in terms of quality and costs.
My professional guidelines
- Accept only assignments that I have the knowledge, resources and time to do well
- Disclose, prior to accepting any assignment, any biases that may have relevance
- Agree, before work starts, what is to be delivered, on payment amount, timing and currency
- Treat all sensitive information as confidential
- Deliver a high professional standard work
- Always meet agreed-upon terms